We love the simplicity of this tiny silver locket! It measures 10mm (just under half an inch) in diameter, around the size of your fingertip! The locket has a perfectly working clasp with space inside for two tiny photos or pictures. A beautifully understated miniature piece of jewellery that would be ideal for layering with other necklaces, or worn by itself.
On the centre of the silver locket is a tiny, rosy copper heart.
The tiny silver locket is available in a choice of lengths, so you can choose the look you're going for. We recommend a length of 15" for a choker, or 16" for a slightly looser choker. In this photo our model is wearing a 15" choker. Please refer to my illustration for a better idea of how necklace lengths will look.
We can personalise this locket for you, using a carefully designed technique to transfer your photographs onto the metal of the pendant itself, for a really soft and unique vintage effect. Parts of your image will merge with the silver metal behind, creating a very beautiful, ununsual and ethereal look.
What To Do Next
After checkout, all you need to do is send us your chosen images, in the best resolution you have, and we will take care of the rest! In terms of picture quality, most photos taken on smartphones will be perfectly fine! Please DO NOT send us any images until your order has been processed.
Please bear in mind that the photos will be trimmed to circle-shape to fit in this locket ... so some background space is useful! Please allow 3 days for preparation and dispatch of your locket.
Some Tips for Choosing a Good Photo:
- Your image will be made very tiny - smaller than your fingernail - so more than two people on each photo may not be ideal.
- Consider the shape of the locket, and how your photo might fit into that shape.
- Some background (not necessarily a lot!) is helpful - it might be difficult to work with a photo which is cropped very closely.
- Very pale, 'washed out' or overexposed images won't work very well.
- Please remember to send TWO images.
Please allow up to 3 days for your personalised locket to be made.