We love the simplicity of this tiny vintage locket! It measures 12mm (half an inch) in diameter, around the size of your fingertip! The locket has a perfectly working clasp with space inside for two tiny photos or pictures. The inside of the locket is inlaid with a beautiful copper frame detail.
A beautifully understated miniature piece of jewellery that would be ideal for layering with other necklaces, or worn by itself.
This round locket comes in a choice of different lengths. Please refer to my illustration for a better idea of how necklace lengths will look.
We can personalise this locket for you, using a carefully designed technique to transfer your photographs onto the metal of the pendant itself, for a really soft and unique vintage effect. Parts of your image will merge with the golden brass behind, creating a very beautiful, ununsual and ethereal look.
What to Do Next
After checkout, all you need to do is email us to attach and send your chosen images, in the best resolution you have, and we will take care of the rest! In terms of picture quality, most photos taken on smartphones will be perfectly fine! Please DO NOT send us any images until your order has been processed.
Please bear in mind that the photos will be trimmed to circle-shape to fit in this locket ... so some background space is useful! Please allow 3 days for preparation and dispatch of your locket.
Some Tips for Choosing a Good Photo:
- Your image will be made very tiny - smaller than your fingernail - so more than two people on each photo may not be ideal.
- Consider the shape of the locket, and how your photo might fit into that shape.
- Some background (not necessarily a lot!) is helpful - it might be difficult to work with a photo which is cropped very closely.
- Very pale, 'washed out' or overexposed images won't work very well.
- Please remember to send TWO images.
Please allow up to 3 days for your personalised locket to be made.
This piece of handmade jewellery comes packaged in a nice recycled gift box with a handmade tag, all ready to give or keep.