Tiny Oval Locket
I love the simplicity of this vintage oval locket! It measures just 10mm long (very tiny!) and has a perfectly working clasp with space inside for two miniature photos or pictures. A beautifully understated miniature piece of jewellery that would be ideal for layering with other necklaces, or worn by itself.
This oval locket comes in a choice of different lengths. Please refer to my illustration for a better idea of how necklace lengths will look.
We can personalise this locket for you, using a carefully designed technique to transfer your photographs onto the metal of the pendant itself, for a really soft and unique vintage effect. Parts of your image will merge with the golden brass behind, creating a very beautiful, unusual and ethereal look.
What to do Next
All you need to do is attach your chosen images, in the best resolution you have, and we will take care of the rest! In terms of picture quality, most photos taken on smartphones will be perfectly fine!
Please bear in mind that the photos will be trimmed to circle-shape to fit in this locket ... so some background space is useful! Please allow 3 days for preparation and dispatch of your locket.
Some Tips for Choosing a Good Photo:
- Your image will be made very tiny - smaller than your fingernail - so more than two people on each photo may not be ideal.
- Consider the shape of the locket, and how your photo might fit into that shape.
- Some background (not necessarily a lot!) is helpful - it might be difficult to work with a photo which is cropped very closely.
- Very pale, 'washed out' or overexposed images won't work very well.
- Please remember to send TWO images.
This piece of handmade jewellery comes packaged in a nice recycled gift box with a handmade tag, all ready to give or keep.
All Silk Purse, Sow’s Ear packaging is made from recycled and biodegradable materials … even the bubble wrap!
Every Product Plants One Tree!
So many of our designs are inspired by the beauty of the natural world. Silk Purse, Sow’s Ear has partnered with OneTreePlanted.org to plant one tree for every piece of jewellery we sell.